This workshop will expand upon the sensitivity cycle – a model for understanding met and unmet needs to help individuals recognize and overcome barriers and help them to move out of crisis patterns.
Through lecture, demo and practice exercises, this workshop will introduce you to:
- The Basic Principles of the Hakomi Method and application to those in crisis patterns;
- skills to promote the use of mindfulness to promote opportunities of change;
- tracking for conscious and unconscious patterns to identify barriers;
- understanding roles of addictions and attachment through unmet or unrecognized needs;
- understanding of the Sensitivity Cycle of needs and the development of faulty neuroceptions;
- intervention strategies for helping clients move through defensive barriers that contribute to crisis patterns
- towards a more expanded and secure sense of self.
Pamela Thompson, CHT., M.A., R.Psych., Hakomi Trainer. Pamela has been working in the field of trauma for over 25 years. She has trained in a number of somatic approaches to working with trauma.