The Hakomi Institute is a Continuing Education (CE) provider in the US for:
- NASW (National Association of Social Workers): Introduction to the Hakomi Method workshop: This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886484280-8584) for 12 continuing education contact hours.
- NBCC (National Board of Certified Counselors):
Hakomi Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP #5476. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Hakomi Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. (For workshops and trainings in specific locations, pls inquire)
- CES: Continuing Education credit for Introductory Workshops and Comprehensive Trainings is awarded by Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) for the following professions in specific U.S. locations. (Pls. see brochure or inquire to confirm CE’s and number of contact hours. for your location):
-Psychologists: Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to offer continuing education credit programs. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
-Social Workers: CES (Provider #1117) is approved as a Provider for Social Work Continuing Education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program (www.aswb.org,) CES maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 10/5/15 through 10/5/18. Social Workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
-Professional Counselors (LPC, LPCC, LMHC, LCMHC, CPC, APC) Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to grant continuing education credit for professional counselors in the following states: AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MA, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NC, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY. CES maintains responsibility for this program. Certain designations (e.g. LPC, LMHC) may be covered in specific training locations, please inquire.
-Marriage and Family Therapists: Continuing education credit for Marriage and Family Therapists is awarded in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IN, IA, KS, ME, MD, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NC, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY. CES maintains responsibility for this program.
Additional CEs are offered in specific states:
- California: Specific courses meet the qualifications for continuing education credit for MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. CE approval agency: CAMFT Provider Number: 82187
- Texas: CEs for Texas Social Workers; and for nationally certified acupuncturists through the NCCAOM.