In the USA the Hakomi Institute is a Continuing Education (CE) provider for:
- NASW (National Association of Social Workers): We are a CE provider for the National Association of Social Workers (#886484280) for both our Introductory Workshops and Comprehensive Training programs.
- NBCC (National Board of Certified Counselors):
Hakomi Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP #5476. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Hakomi Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
- Our provider status also allows certain professionals to obtain CEs for license requirements:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors/Licensed Professional Counselors/Certified Counselors: The following state Counseling Boards may accept programs offered by Hakomi Institute for license renewal: AL, AL,AR,DE, FL,GA, IL, IN, IA, ID, IL, KY, LA, ME, MA, MT, ND, NE, NH, NM, NC, NV, OK, OR, A, RI, SD, TN, TX WA, and WV.
- Marriage and Family Therapists: The following Marriage and Family Boards may accept programs offered by Hakomi Institute: AL,AR, AZ, CA, CT, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, LA, MD, ME, MS, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, OK, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VA, WA and WI
Additional CEs are offered in specific states:
- California: The California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) has approved continuing education credit for LCSWs, MFTs, LEPs, and LPCCs. The California Board of Registered Nursing has approved continuing education credit for RNs through co-sponsor Eva Giedt. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center approves continuing education credit for psychologists for the California Hakomi Professional Training Level 1 and Level 2.
- North Carolina: N.C. Psychologists Category A credit; N.A.A.D.A.C. credit; and N.C. substance abuse general skill-building credit.
- Texas: CEs for Texas Social Workers; and for nationally certified acupuncturists through the NCCAOM.